Becoming an LPN is one of the best choices that you can make. This is because the healthcare sector is one that will always be growing, one where professionals will always be needed.
Completing your LPN qualification online also makes it easier for you to fit your studies into your already busy schedule. The University of Phoenix is one of the universities that you can consider for getting your LPN qualification online.
The University of Phoenix was founded in 1976 and since then it has developed over 200 campuses across the country as well as offering its students online options. These online options allow you to attend class on your own terms and make your learning experience a flexible and convenient one for you.
The university has also been described as innovative as it offers:
- Evening classes
- Flexible scheduling
- Continuous enrollment
- A university-wide academic social network
- Online classes
- A digital library
- Computer simulations
According to their website, the University of Phoenix offers “degree programs are designed in collaboration with academic and industry professionals to ensure quality, relevance and rigor”.
If you are interested in finding out more go to the university’s home page and either:
- Request more information
- Chat Live with an adviser
- Call 866 766 0766 for more information
In addition to the above you can also reach the various faculties by phone, fax or email:
1625 W Fountainhead Parkway
Tempe, Arizona 85282-2371
3157 E. Elwood St.
Phoenix, AZ 85034
4615 E. Elwood St.
Mail Stop: AA-K101
Phoenix, AZ 85040
These are the courses that you will have to complete during your online LPN to BSN program from the University of Phoenix:
- Introduction To College Of Nursing NSG/300
- Professional Nursing Role NSG/320
- Theoretical Basis For Nursing Practice NSG/400
- Pharmacology I HSN/300
- Pharmacology Ii HSN/310
- Physical Assessment NSG/330
- Medical/surgical Nursing I: Acute NSG/340
- Assessment Period APB/001
- Epidemiology And Global Health NSG/450
- Psychiatric And Mental Health Nursing NSG/410
- Assessment Period APB/002
- Maternal – Child Nursing NSG/435
- Assessment Period APB/003
- Community And Family Nursing NSG/420
- Pediatric Nursing NSG/440
- Assessment Period APB/004
- Health Policy, Law, And Ethics HSN/470
- Medical/surgical Nursing Ii: Complex And Geriatrics NSG/345
- Assessment Period APB/005
- Nursing Leadership And Management NSG/470
- Nursing Synthesis NSG/480
These are considered to be the core courses offered by the University for this program and consequently it is important that you are prepared to complete all of these subjects. If you would like to know more about what each of these subjects is actually about and get more information about them, please visit their website.
Of course a very important part of deciding whether or not a school is right for you lies in the cost of the program that you are interested in attending. It is very important that you are aware of exactly how much a program costs before you make your final decision. You need to know exactly what you will be paying right from the word go if you are to be a successful student. The fees that you will have to pay can be broken down in the following ways:
- Tuition (per credit) for 100/200-level courses: Current Rate = $420, Future Rate = $440
- Tuition (per credit) for 300/400-level courses: Current Rate = $415, Future Rate = $435
- Electronic materials fee (per course): Current Rate = $95, Future Rate = $95
- One time application fee: Current Rate = $0, , Future Rate = $0
Unlike many universities this one does not have a onetime application fee, which means that you can lose nothing by applying. If you are struggling to find the cash you need to pay for the course you should consider the loan and scholarship options mentioned below. These will give you a good idea of what your options really are.
Note: When it comes to choosing a school to attend try not to base your decision too heavily on the cost. Remember that some of the best schools you there are in fact schools that are affordable and that come at very reasonable prices. In addition a really expensive school will not necessarily be the best school that you could choose. It may in fact have a lower standard of education, but charges more because of its reputation or perhaps even because of the area in which it is located. Tuition is important, but it is not the most important factor for selection.
Loans and Scholarships
There are several loan and scholarship options that you could consider as well as several opportunities that the University of Phoenix offers that will help you to fund your studies. The options are:
- Pay as you go: This is a way for you to manage your budget by only paying for one course at a time which means that there will be a far reduced strain on your resources. Remember that all tuition and electronic course materials fees to be paid in full prior to the start of each course. There are also multiple payment methods that you can use when making use of this plan.
- Scholarships: The world of scholarships is a complex one indeed and the search for the right scholarship for you can be a daunting task for someone who is new to the game. Fortunately the University of Phoenix offers help in this regard. If you go here you will have the opportunity to look into the various scholarship options that are available to you.
- Prior Learning Assessment: According to their website” University of Phoenix allows you to apply relevant learning, work and life experiences toward college credits through the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) process”. This means that you could save money by not having to repeat things that you already know.
- Federal Financial Aid Plan: Believe it or not the government wants to help students like you do your online LPN to BSN program, so it is important that you know what your federal aid options are. There are a number of different options available to you in this regard.
- Third-party billing: Last but not least we have third-party billing. This means that University of Phoenix directly bills an approved employer for a student’s tuition. If you think your employer is interested in you upgrading your LPN qualification to a BSN this may be the path for you to take.
The University of Phoenix has all of the appropriate accreditations. The university’s nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The University of Phoenix is allowed to operate in most states and countries, although there are some approval-related statements that are required by some states or provinces.
All universities are required to undergo a regularly scheduled comprehensive evaluation for continued accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission at least once every ten years. The university is currently undergoing its evaluation for the 2011 – 2012 academic year and its last evaluation was in 2002. The university has a facility on its website that allows you to leave comments.
Online Teaching Methods
The University of Phoenix is different to other universities because it has successfully done away with the need for brick-and-mortar buildings. All of the programs that it offers can be found online. The online teaching methods used by this university are of the best quality and there are few universities out there that offer such a high standard of online LPN programs. You have the freedom to decide your own schedule and you will not be tied down by the normal rules of a classroom situation.
Many people think that an online program is just not as good as a face-to-face one, but this is not the case with the University of Phoenix. There are a number of things that you will have access to through an online program including:
- Built-in support
- Rigorous education
- Online programs that are accessible in most countries around the world
- Online resources available to you (University Library, the Center for Mathematics Excellence, and the Center for Writing Excellence)
- Research materials, tutorials in Math and Statistics and writing resources
This doesn’t mean that the course is easier than a face-to-face course; it just means that you will have all the resources you need to do well.
As you can see the University of Phoenix has a lot to offer. However we suggest that you consider as many different online programs as you can before making your decision. Different programs have slightly different demands, so be sure to investigate all of them carefully in order to find the best university for you at a personal level. That said, the University of Phoenix is one of the more popular online LPN to BSN options available out there and is well worth your consideration. Call them on 866 766 0766 right now to find out more or make use of the Live Chat feature on their website.