LPNs, who are concerned about the NCLEX-PN examination and about passing it to the best of their ability, need to try a study guide such as NCLEX-PN Practice Questions Exam Cram by Wilda Rinehart, Diann Sloan, and Clara Hurd. This is one of the many options that you will have when it comes to preparing for your examination to the best of your ability.
The NCLEX-PN Practice Questions Exam Cram by Wilda Rinehart, Diann Sloan, and Clara Hurd comes with a CD. This CD contains no less than five practice exam papers. By doing and redoing these exam papers until you can answer them within the time limits specified and until you can get nearly all the answers right, you will be well prepared for the NCLEX-PN examination. The software on the CD mimics the program that you will use to answer the questions in the test. This will improve your computer-based confidence for the exam. The CD is aimed at providing you with an experience that feels as close as possible to the actual exam. To run the CD you will need Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Vista, or Microsoft Windows 7, a Pentium class 1GHz processor (or equivalent), 256MB RAM, and 30MB Hard Drive Space.
The authors of this book are experts in the field with extremely advanced nursing qualifications. What is more, they have been where you are now and they know exactly what you will be facing when the exam comes round. When you purchase this book you are benefiting from the authors’ advanced knowledge on all things related to nursing and their specific expertise on the LPN examination.
The book itself contains the following:
- It includes all of the coursework that you will need to cover for the exam as well as tips about how to score as high as possible on the NCLEX-PN.
- The book also helps you to determine, for yourself, whether you are personally prepared for the exam or not. This is done through providing 1000 test questions for you to work through. This will also help you to identify which specific areas of the coursework you need to put more effort into before you can write the exam.
- The book comes with a Cram Sheet tearcard. This card is aimed at ensuring that you will be able to identify and understand the key concepts in nursing. You will be able to use it to get an overview of the work and to find and focus on specific areas more easily.
- The Quick Check Answer system that is included is also very helpful. This is because it allows you to check your answers effortlessly and thereby speeds up the learning and revision process.
This makes it a comprehensive, and therefore and excellent, guide to the NCLEX-PN exam.
“This is an excellent selection for those who needed to pass the licensing. Whether you’re aiming to be an RN, an LVN, or I believe even CNA. This book [has] questions very similar to the test and if you ever get to memorize all the questions you will be able to ace the licensing test. Also, not only it gives you the answers, it also gives the explanation why it is the answer. So, you get answers and learn at the same time in an easy way. [It is] highly recommended”. Amazon.com Consumer Review
Professional reviews of this book often include detailed information about its here authors. Each of these writers has excellent credentials to their names. Perhaps the most important thing is that they are all nurses who have been through the same situations that you have yet to encounter. This makes them great authorities on the topics that are covered in NCLEX-PN Practice Questions Exam Cram.
The main positive comment that people have regarding this book is that it comes with excellent rationales. In other words it does not simply provide you with the correct answer to a question, but it also provides you with detailed reasons as to why it is the correct answer. In addition it also explains why the other answers are incorrect. This is essential to your learning experience. Memorizing answers and facts is easier when you understand why those answers and facts are considered to be the correct ones.
Several reviewers have said that they used nothing else for exam preparation other than this book, and that they passed. In fact the computer shut them off at 85 questions because they showed their competence in the exam quickly and easily and did not have to continue with the test.
It is important to note that a few of the reviewers of this book found it disappointing in one aspect: this, the 3rd edition, is not that different from the 2nd edition. If you already have the 2nd edition there is not too much point in buying the third edition, especially in terms of the practice questions provided as these are all the same.
The book costs about $20, which is not a bad price at all when you consider that it is what will get you through the NCLEX-PN examination effortlessly.
NCLEX-PN Practice Questions Exam Cram by Wilda Rinehart, Diann Sloan, and Clara Hurd, as well as the various other books on the market that exist for the purpose of preparing you for the NCLEX-PN exam, will help you in a number of different ways:
- Firstly you will get a very good idea of what will be on the test. The guide covers exactly what you need to know and comes with a number of practice questions to get you ready for the exam.
- Secondly it will give you a clear idea as to the format of the test and how long you will have to complete each question.
- Both of these will combine to reduce your nerves when you write the test and thereby ensure that you do as well as possible on the exam.